Lisa’s Mediterranean Falafel with Grilled Aubergine
Featuring: Lisa’s Mediterranean Falafel Mix & Lisa’s Toppings Hummus with Sundried Tomato
Serves: 4 people
- Lisa’s Mediterranean Falafel Mix 400g
- 2x aubergine sliced lengthwise 1cm thick
- 4 Tbsp olive oil + oil for shallow frying falafel
- 2 Tbsp honey (melted in microwave)
- ½ lemon juiced & 4 lemon wedges
- ½ clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 50g fresh rocket
- 10g fresh oregano leaves, roughly chopped
- Lisa’s Toppings Hummus with Sundried Tomato 200g
- Take a frying pan and shallow fry Lisa’s Mediterranean Falafel Mix (formed in approximately 18 discs) in medium hot olive oil (1/2 cm deep). Remove from the pan once golden on all sides and keep warm in a low oven until ready to serve.
- For the aubergine marinade – in a bowl mix together olive oil, honey, lemon juice, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Brush marinade over aubergine slices on both sides. Place on a BBQ grill or griddle pan for 1 minute either side or until golden char marks are created.
- To serve lay the grilled aubergine and fresh rocket down on a platter. Place the warm falafel along with dollops of Lisa’s Topping Sundried Tomato Hummus in and around the platter.
- Finally garnish with fresh oregano and lemon wedges.
- Available at all major supermarkets.