Lisa’s Quinoa & Coconut Falafel with Cauliflower Tabbouleh
Featuring: Lisa’s Quinoa & Coconut Falafel Mix & Lisa’s Toppings Almond Dukkah Hummus
Serves: 4 people
- 3 Tbsp olive oil + oil for shallow frying
- 2 lemons – 1 juiced and 1 cut into wedges
- ½ clove garlic, minced
- Salt & pepper to taste.
- 1x small head of cauliflower, washed
- 1x tomato, diced
- 1x Lebanese cucumber, peeled & diced
- 2 spring onions stalks, finely sliced
- 15g flat leaf parsley, finely chopped (1 small bunch)
- 10g mint, finely chopped
- Lisa’s Quinoa & Coconut Falafel Mix 400g
- Lisa’s Toppings Almond Dukkah Hummus 200g
- In a bowl whisk together olive oil, juice from 1 lemon, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Chop the cauliflower into quarters and place in a food processor. Mix/pulse until a rice look has been achieved.
- Place cauliflower, tomato, cucumber, spring onion, mint and parsley in a large bowl. Pour over the dressing and mix together well. Let it stand for a least an hour at room temperature.
- Take a frying pan and shallow fry Lisa’s Quinoa & Coconut Falafel Mix (formed in approximately 18 discs) in medium hot olive oil (1/2 cm deep). Remove from the pan once golden on all sides.
- To serve spoon cauliflower tabbouleh on to a platter. Place falafel on top and dollops of Lisa’s Topping Almond Dukkah Hummus. Finally garnish with the almond dukkah nut sachet provided and lemon wedges to the side.
- Available at all major supermarkets.