Baked Kumara With Chickpeas & Lisa’s Caramelised Onion Hummus
Featuring: Lisa’s Caramelised Onion Hummus
Serves: 4 people
- 4 medium orange or golden kumara
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 can chickpeas, well drained
- 1 tub Lisa’s Caramelised Onion Hummus
- ½ cup shredded baby spinach leaves
- ¼ cup sliced chargrilled capsicum
- 1 small sliced red onion
- 2-3 sprigs fresh thyme leaves
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C, scrub the kumara and dry well.
- Rub the kumara with the oil, smoked paprika and salt and place on a lined oven tray. Bake for 20-30 minutes, depending on size, until tender when pierced with a knife. Allow to cool slightly then cut in half lengthwise and arrange the cut side up on the tray. Scoop out a small hollow along the centre of each kumara half and reserve the flesh.
- Combine the chickpeas, reserved kumara flesh, half the hummus and shredded spinach leaves then spoon into the kumara halves. Top with extra hummus and scatter with chopped capsicum, sliced red onion and fresh thyme sprigs.
- Bake in the oven for a further 10-15 minutes until the filling is hot and golden on top.
- Available at all major supermarkets.